One week without a cell phone
I’m going to go a week without bringing any form of technology outside. For one week I am going to keep my cell phone, blackberry, and laptop in my apartment. I have been feeling overly attached to technology recently and I think that this will be a good exercise in moderation. I’m not completely cutting off technology. Just changing the way I interface with it for a week. I’m interested to see how it goes.
Here are the rules:
1. I can use my cell phone while inside.
2. No texting.
3. No removing cell phone or blackberry from apartment.
4. E-mail is permitted as long as it is done from inside.
I plan on enjoying being outside. Not being distracted by inconsequential things during the day that don’t really matter. Frankly, I’m looking forward to this.
It starts on Monday.
Now some thoughts:
1. Esquire is quickly becoming my favorite magazine. Read the article on Usain Bolt. I love how the writer throws in the lines about all the condoms strewn about the room.
2. I did 5 push ups yesterday. So…..you are telling me that going to Happy Hour after work and drinking until 11 gets in the way of doing productive things? I never would have guess that…..
(A reason this blog is good for me: I was supposed to get drinks after work tonight, but will go to the gym and do several hundred push ups and run 6 miles instead. If for no other reason than writing that I was a drunken slob last night makes me want to be less of one today)
3. I will give you one guess as to what I am doing on the floor space in my cubicle right now………
( I can not wait for someone to walk by, preferably my boss, and say “What the fuck are you doing?”)
25, 26, 27………………………
4. I’m debating on whether or not to pull my money in my 401k and put it into a fixed income vehicle. I have a feeling that the market won’t be going up much more than it already has.
5. I want to try acupuncture. I’m not sure why.
6. I need to do my expenses for my trips to Chicago. I hate doing expense reports. HATE it.