Love me some Starbucks
I went to a Starbucks to do some writing. It was a Friday and I took the day off. A few comments about Starbucks:
1. Amazing how many people can just sit around at a Starbucks on a week day.
2. Amazing how many people conduct business at Starbucks.
3. The US Census hosts meetings for their “workers” there.
The “boss dude” for the Census was a real dick. He was yelling at all of the “workers” UNTIL…..a rather attractive blonde sat down to talk to him. He quickly changed his tone. The next thing you know they are chatting about dating, relationships, partying, you name it….meanwhile there is a table full of other Census workers hoping to speak to this guy (it reminded me a lot of office hours professors would have back in college). After about a half hour of this blatant flirtation an older woman goes up to the “boss dude” and starts yelling at him. It was hysterical.
The real question I have is…..how much does this cost me as a tax payer?
Also, dude had no game. I should have pulled him aside and learned him a little something……
4. People are loud, annoying, and generally rude.
5. I am amazed at how many products Starbucks has to offer.
6. People watching is one of my favorite things to do.
7. The Starbucks business model is outstanding. They keep people in their stores for extended periods of time. Continuously enticing them to buy their products. I may buy some of their stock.
8. I got about 15 pages written for the book. I felt good about that.
9. I had an exceptional customer service experience at Starbucks so I sent an email to the regional manager. The next time I went into the store the woman who I had written about came up to me to thank me.
I make my living by keeping people happy. When I see someone who goes out of his or her way to do their job well and make my life a little easier I think they should be recognized.
I think that is a good motto to live by.