Ever need a day to get your life together? Today was that day for me.
Some highlights from the day:
1. I cleaned my bathroom. I then looked at my bathroom and said to myself, “That’s clean?!?!?”
2. Did my dishes. For some reason I feel better about everything if the dishes are done. Don’t ask why because I haven’t a clue.
3. Picked up dry cleaning. The guy at the dry cleaners says to me, “Andrew, bro. I thought you forgot about this stuff man!”
4. Changed my sheets. (I have been much better about that recently. New sheets are much better to sleep in.)
5. Wrote a blog for the first time in 5 days.
6. Bought Advil. (One week out from the Fairfield Half Marathon and things are starting to ache/hurt)
7. Went to the gym. My new thing is doing pull-ups. Seeing how I’ve lost a bunch of weight since I stopped eating “land animals” they have become much easier to do.
8. Watched soccer. I never in my life thought I would give a fuck about soccer, but the World Cup is great. I’m completely hooked. True, some of it is boring, but it sure can be exciting too.
9. Watched some U.S. Open. I like Phil. Not because he is a big goofy guy or because he is a big goofy guy with a hot wife. Rather, because if he wins the US Open one of my friends stands to benefit in a huge way financially (and not through betting, but through a licensed “Phil” product) And Phil is really nice to the crowds in the tournaments he plays.
10. Took out my recycling.
I felt better after getting these things done. Good day to get organized.
My best friend and his fiance are at some pre-marriage, church retreat for the entire weekend. I can see the lesson plan now…………
1. Give 10%
2. How to give 10%
3. Direct pay 10%
4. 10% of your salary and the Catholic church
5. 10%, Don’t ask no questions
6. If you make a dollar we want 10 cents
7. That is a nice watch, we want 10%
8. Legal bills are mounting – you can help by giving 10% of your salary to the church
9. Do you know what it takes to get into heaven? You got it…..10%.
10. WWJD = 10%
Reason 879 not to get married.
I wish I could play one round of golf like the pros.
I would like to play A round of golf this summer.
Thinking about how fast I’d like to run the half marathon. Not sure if I’ll do as well as I did at the NYC half marathon, but I’m shooting to break my last time of 1:47.17. I think I can make a run at it, but it will depend on how hot it gets.
Someone at work recently asked me if I lost, “A lot of weight recently?” The answer…..I sure have.