Andrew – 1, Lady on the subway- 0
A few thoughts:
1. None of my illegitimate children had the decency to call me on Father’s Day. So what if it is long distance from Mexico!!!
2. Some lady on the subway was being pushy and yelling at people to get out of her way while exiting the train. It got to the point where everyone was looking at her and she was being cruel to people. In typical Andrew fashion I said, “Shut the fuck up and get off the train.” Everyone on the train laughed and the lady’s jaw hit the floor.
Andrew – 1, Bitch on the subway – 0 (I cleaned it up for the title of the blog)
3. It would have been nice to have seen my Dad for Father’s Day
4. A money manager took my department out for drinks last night. Those guys know how to have a good time. After closing the Bryant Park Grill we had drinks at the Bull & Bear. Needless to say, I woke up on my couch this morning.
I mean, I know that I have a half marathon to run this weekend, but who am I to turn down free food and drinks?
5. I watched a video on the way animals are treated in “farm factories”. …… Fucking gross. I have always thought of myself as a rather educated person, but I was entirely ignorant of from where my food came.
6. How about that USA soccer team? I may have slipped out of the office to watch some (all) of the game today. Absolute hysteria when they scored. Easily one of my favorite moments since moving to NYC. Grown men hugging, strangers high fiving, dogs and cats living in harmony. It was really something.
7. I have a client who is a real thorn in my side. I have 6 additional “non-brown” hairs today because of them.
8. I’ve got my fingers crossed for some good news on the medical front. (not me). It is very nerve racking to have someone you love waiting for medical results. I could deal with it if it were my own health, but I feel so very helpless right now.
9. I’m looking forward to the movie “Cyrus” coming out. I think Jonah Hill is hilarious. Something about fat, witty people that makes me laugh. They are innately funny.
10. My apartment has been clean for a record 4 days straight.
11. Jobs I want:
E True Hollywood story person – a camera crew could follow me around all day and I could make a living like that
Creative Director at Sterling Cooper
Starting pitcher for the Red Sox
Denzel Washington in Training Day (Only I’d be white)
12. Jobs I don’t want:
I can think of a pretty specific one for that……
13. Is unlucky, so I’m skipping it.
14. Bought “The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo” tonight. I have heard nothing, but good things about it. If it is bad, I’m going back to Borders and demanding a refund.
15. I love iced coffee. I really, really do.
16. I need to get a cat. One that doesn’t shed. And listens to commands. And that I can put on a leash and walk. And that doesn’t need to eat or use a litter box. And that sleeps all the time except for when I wan to play with him. If anyone knows of a breed of cat like that….please let me know.