Today Was A Good Day
Good day. Let me tell you why.
1. I woke up pain and hangover free. (Always how I prefer to start my day)
2. I had two articles published on the COEDmagazine site. One about how to tell your friend that his girlfriend sucks and the other about women in the different stages of their lives.
3. I ran 6.88 miles on a bum knee. Farthest I have gone in nearly 6 weeks.
4. I’m fat. My body fat is 17.5%. Ummmm……. how did that happen? (I think that may have been the motivation for the 6.88 miles) Nothing like having a reason to get to the gym. And that will get me to the gym.
5. I wrote two stories tonight. One sad, one really funny. I’m a chameleon.
6. I’m reading Stephen King’s memoir/writing guide. That guy is hysterical.
7. I deleted 23 phone numbers from my cell today. It felt like a cleansing. Got rid of the dead weight. You know, gotta get rid them hood rats. (I’m kidding, mostly)
8. I cooked. That’s right. I boiled the best pasta going.
9. I have not shaved in 6 days.
10. Downloaded “Song Away” by Hockey. You can’t sit still listening to it. Try, I dare you.
11. God help me, I’m going to the 6:30 yoga class tomorrow morning.
12. I am going to attempt running the Philadelphia Half Marathon instead of the full marathon. Something to shoot for. That would be a great way to close out the year.
13. My writing class meets tomorrow and I cannot wait. I love it. It is exactly what I need right now.
Things are looking up kids. Things are certainly looking up.
As Ice Cube would put it:
Just waking up in the morning gotta thank God
I don’t know but today seems kinda odd
No barking from the dogs, no smog
And momma cooked a breakfast with no hog