It is that time of year my friends. Day light savings. Get ready for 17 hours a darkness per night and all that comes with it.
1. It is gonna be cold. I cannot wait to be walking to the subway in sub arctic temperatures when the wind begins whipping down 68th St. It is one of the worst ways to begin a day.
2. Depression begins to set in due to the lack of sunlight. By February I’m typically on suicide watch.
3. Running outside becomes a real pain in the ass.
4. The gym fills up. (though that is more of a New Year’s thing)
5. The bars fill up.
6. The holidays are fast approaching. Thanksgiving is only 17 days away. How did that happen?
7. The grotesque amount Christmas advertising has begun. Cannot wait to spend money on “stuff” for people. That said, I usually buy people alcohol for Christmas. That way I know they will use and appreciate it.
8. Holiday parties will be approaching soon enough. I can’t wait to get fat.
9. Looking forward to a very snowy year. It is going to snow a lot in the city this winter. I think it will be epic, end of the world type of snow.
10. No more wearing cargo shorts.
11. Tourists. More than usual during the holidays. Tourists everywhere. Tourists.
There you have it. It is going to be a long, dark, cold winter. Bundle up kids.
Wake me on March 15th………………..