I would like to take this moment to address something:
Last November someone wrote an anonymous email to my (now former) employer stating that (and I’m paraphrasing here) the content of this blog (my personal opinions and adventures) was in poor taste and that my employer should be “real proud” to have such an individual working for them. My guess here is that real proud was a healthy dose of sarcasm. Now that I no longer work for said former employer I am going to write down a few things as it relates to that entire incident.
1. Whomever wrote that email – you should have signed it. That would have been the right thing to do.
2. What did that person have to gain?
3. If I wrote something you didn’t like, please by all means…post a comment or send me an email. I’m a pretty reasonable person. If I wrote something that you fundamentally disagree with I am open to listening to your argument and discussing it. People aren’t always going to see eye to eye, but that doesn’t mean we have to get nasty about it and try to get the person with whom you disagree fired. Now that’s just being an asshole.
4. Did you not have anything better to do with your time than read my blog and shoot off anonymous emails? Pick up a hobby. I hear video games are fun.
5. I would be willing to listen to an apology. Anonymous or not.
6. I really hope this person continued reading the blog.
7. I’m not an overly religious person nor am I spiritual, but I certainly believe in karma.
8. It ended up being a funny story for me to tell.
In conclusion, whomever wrote to my former employer about this blog – I truly hope that you are able to get over whatever you difference you had with me. I always found it sad that someone (Anonymously) sent that note to my work. I am not perfect. I have done things that I wish I could take back. I think just about all of us have, but I think that before we get sanctimonious and start messing with people’s lives we could all do a little internal examination.
So here we go – an apology list:
Mom – sorry about not eating my vegetables and for eating Oreos for breakfast. It is just that I really like Oreos.
Dad – sorry about never hitting a home run in Little League (I know, I’m ashamed too)
Uncle Stan and Dan – Sorry about being the worst fitness equipment technician in the history fitness equipment repair. It is just that I’m not all that mechanicly inclined.
We’ll go with initials for the rest
JD – sorry about always bugging you to get a job
AV – sorry about that couch flipping incident.
DG- sorry about that morning with the law enforcement in the house and phone calls and yeah…..
SR – sorry about that best man speech – I promise I only had 12 drinks before hand. I don’t know what got into me
RW and MMW – Sorry about living with you for that extended period of time, but you guys have that huge house and there was an Applebees right around the corner!!!!
JJC and JCC – Sorry about living with you guys too, but you made such good meatloaf!!!
JJ – Yeah, sorry for everything in college………..we don’t need details. You get it.
KJM- Sorry about beating you in that 15k.
MB – Sorry about that trip to NYC where your girlfriend (now fiance) almost disowned you due to our wild and crazy times. I do look forward to meeting her though!!!
RG – Sorry about Mad Men texts. I just miss the show so much.
MD – Sorry about never getting lunch. We really should make that happen.
DB – sorry about blaming every single thing that went wrong at work after you left on you. You didn’t just go under the bus. That thing backed up a couple of times.
RJ- Sorry about calling you Fozzy Bear, but there really is a strong resemblance.
To every girl I’ve ever dated – yeah……umm…….just a blanket, all encompassing sorry for anytime I was dumb or didn’t compliment a new hair style, shoes, or when you dressed up.
NP – sorry for that time in Myrtle Beach – with the bathroom. It took courage to use that shower.
NS – your apartment in Fells Point was sick. Sorry for being there so often and drinking every beer you had.
See, nothing like a good apology. I’m sure there are about 14,000 more I could come up with, but I think I made my point. We all make mistakes, it is how you learn from them and move forward.