No posts in two weeks? I sure am a neglectful blogger. Jeez.
Some news and notes from the world that is Andrew:
1. Had the passing of a family member by extension. The funeral was Wednesday which was very taxing on everyone. It was a Catholic Mass and burial which lent itself toward structure which I think was helpful. You knew what to expect. I’m not a huge Catholic Church fan, but will say that certain rituals do help with the grieving process. I was a pallbearer and I must say, that casket was unexpectedly heavy.
2. I missed my annual Thanksgiving football game. Which kinda sucked, but I left Connecticut to return to NYC on Thursday night. Fortunately my team still won. (I guess I was the weakest link)
3. I have been craving a Pat’s Cheesesteak recently.
4. The Boston Red Sox are a train wreck right now. No manager. No free agents signings. Nothing going on at all. They are just….just….firing people and not replacing them. It could be a rough 2012 baseball season in Boston.
5. Penn State. Just sad. I think that is about all there is to say there. A sexual predator was let loose and used his position as a respected member of the most respected football program in the country to find victims. It doesn’t sound like there is a whole lot of doubt as to his guilt. We live in a country where Sandusky will get his day in court, but even if (and if is being used without much conviction here) he is aquitted…..he may as well move to a small Eskimo community in the arctic circle of Canada. I doubt he will be very welcome anywhere in the civilized world.
6. I was approached by an “escort” at a bar the other night. She didn’t look like a hooker, but she was. So though I had no interest in paying for sex I did engage her in conversation, mostly because I thought she would have funny stories. She did…..scary, creepy, and disturbing stories. I wished her well after a few minutes and I couldn’t help, but to feel bad for her. She had a four year old daughter, traveled a lot, and though she said that she liked what she did…..I guess I just don’t buy it.
7. It was 64 degrees yesterday……….I’ll take it!
8. Two and a Half Men sucks now. Sucks!
9. Where is Mad Men?
10. I should get a Christmas tree.
11. My neighbor wants to get rid of her cat. It is a HUGE black cat. I am considering it.