It is 3 am and I can’t sleep. So I think there could be a few reasons. Let me list them.
1. Too much fun this weekend. Went to a friend’s surprise 30th birthday party in Pottstown, PA. Yes, the bustling metropolis of Pottstown (truth be told I lived there for four months when I was in between apartments. I was a frequent visitor at the local pub or as it is called in the real world “Applebees”) We sat up drinking/talking/catching up/playing beer pong/playing pool/having foot races/playing ping pong/playing fooseball/arguing about Tim Tebow/reverting back to our 17 year old selves. Great weekend. Always fun to catch up with friends from high school. Even if it means getting three hours of sleep and drinking knock off Jack Daniels.
2. The Shawshank Redemption is on TNT. Yep, it always gets me. Is it the theme of redemption? It is how he takes a beating for years and then ends up on top? Is it the stellar acting by Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman? I’m not sure, but when it is on, I watch it. But I’ll tell ya, I wouldn’t mind Andy’s life post prison. Lives on a beach, hangs with his buddy, has a boat.
Complete sidenote: It is about a prison in Maine and was filmed entirely in Ohio. Also, the oak tree that he plants the note to Red….yeah, it was damaged in a thunderstorm. Those are your useless facts for the night.
3. The Patriots. They finally brought Tim Tebow back down to earth. Such a fun game to watch because you knew that there was a good chance Tebow might make a comeback at any given moment. I still, however, think the Pats are going to have a tough time winning in the playoffs with their defense letting up so many yards. But hey, that’s why they play the games.
Oh, and shockingly Tebow was not praying when his team was losing by three touchdowns in the 4th quarter. Who would have thought? Didn’t hear as much about God when he lost as you would have had he won. Just saying.
4. When I got home from watching football I sat on my couch and BAM! Asleep. Napped for two hours = worst ever for sleeping on a Sunday night (even if I don’t have to wake up early in the morning). I never sleep well on Sundays. Never have. Never will.
5. Thinking a lot about when I’m going to “do with my life”. I really just don’t know. I have been working hard on my book, but I have not clue if that is a way to make a living. Do I go back to the corporate world? Make more money in a job that I (hopefully) enjoy more than what I used to do. Do I move somewhere that will pay me to write? I really just don’t know. Lots of confusion to be honest. I just..don’t……..know. That keeps me up at night.
6. The Boston Red Sox. They keep me up at night. Well, not really right now….but I’m sure they will eventually.
7. Laundry…I have to do laundry tomorrow and that sucks.
8. World Peace. I won’t sleep until we have world peace.
9. Hear that Kim Jong Il? Well that is keeping me up.
10. I haven’t started my Christmas shopping…..though to be honest it isn’t like I have many people to buy for AND for the most part I just buy people good bottles of wine. That way I know it will be enjoyed.
Maybe I should hit up some Lunesta? That stuff works? Right? Maybe. Do I need a prescription for that? Bah – Kindergarten Cop is on now. Might as well watch that.