Babysitting – The Ultimate in Family Planning
So I am watching my little sister for the night (she is 5), things I have said to her tonight:
1. Wash your feet! (Of course, this is after I let her run around barefoot all day long)
2. I slaved over a hot stove so you could eat that rice. (I actually just poured a bag of rice into a boiling pot of water, but the stove was, in fact, hot.)
3. Because I said so.
4. Because I am bigger than you.
5. They cancelled Sponge Bob.
6. No, I will not find your Teddy Bear. You need to be responsible for your things.
7. No the rice is not too hot! (OK, maybe it was a bit warm)
8. No, I am not reading you the Bible. (Catholic school is taking her over. “My Favorite Bible Storybook for Toddler” is not on the Andrew Goodnow curriculum for 5 year olds.
9. Yes, one day you will be a princess (What the fuck else am I going to tell her? I don’t want to crush her hopes and dreams too early, but I would have preferred she asked about being a doctor or something usefully)
10. No desert if you don’t eat all of your rice.
11. We do not have any milk left for a chocolate milkshake. (She was none too pleased with that one)
Never a lack of fun watching my sister.