I voted today.
I hope you did as well.
As I was standing in the booth looking down at the ballot I realized a few things.
1. I don’t know a damn thing about most of these people, thus I’m not making much of an informed decision. It would take a good week to research each one of the 30 + candidates up for election.
2. I didn’t know so many people were running. Who knew I’d be electing judges?
3. The Rent is Too Damn High guy was actually on the ballot.
4. I voted against term limits. I would vote for Bloomberg until he is 100.
5. I voted mostly Democratic. I figure my life is better now than it was two years ago so I’ll give the Democrats (as flawed as they may be) another couple of years to figure this thing out. It took 8 years to get us in this mess, it will take a while for us to get out of it. Remember the party that caused this debacle was the Republicans.
6. I’m thinking about changing my party affiliation.
7. The TEA party needs to tell me what exactly their stance is. I know they want to stop spending, but what exactly do they want to cut out?
8. I like watching election results. It must be the poli sci major in me.
9. Disappointed with The Daily Show tonight.
10. At the end of the day what will these elections solve?
So there you have it. My election day run down.
At least we didn’t elect that crazy dude from Buffalo as the governor of New York. I watched his “concession” speech. Not exactly a humble or graceful man.
On that note I’m going to bed.